- Our program is for Chinese who are 60 years and older, and are homebound or residing in mainstream care centers or assisted living facilities with limited contact with Chinese community.
- Provide supportive friendship for seniors through visit
- Improve seniors’ quality of life and well-being by engaging in productive activity
- Promote seniors’ independence and involvement with the community
Services and Hours:
- Each visit lasts for about an hour
- Visits are scheduled on a regular basis
- Homebound seniors will enjoy activities such as friendly conversation, sharing a hobby, or playing games
- Care centre residents will enjoy group-based social and leisure activities such as Chinese tea with refreshments and music
Our service is free of charge
Services Not Included:
- Volunteers cannot help with personal care, housework, laundry, grocery shopping, meal preparation, lifting, and handling money.